Is construction with aircrete permitted at all in California?

• Some older sources (2009, 2012) say that California is the only state where Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) is not permitted. And since Domegaia's "aircrete" is non-autoclaved I imagine it is even less likely to be permitted. Does anyone have any info on this? or leads to where one should research? Would there be regulation variances between counties? (I'm in Nevada County)

• My California community suffered great losses in a fire last year. We also would like to know the possibility of rebuilding with Aircrete. Do you know of any approved structures already built in California?

• To Evanflow: I just registered for a workshop in Santa Cruz and realized I should confirm that aircrete is legal in California and in Nevada County, where I also live. If I don't get an answer from the Domegaia folks soon I'm going to check with the county and post their reply here. (If it's not allowed I will need to cancel, and it would be a good idea for Domegaia to update the SC workshop web page to include this important information.)

To Pronaia: the fire resistance of aircrete is one of the things that attracted me to it as well.

• Just got word back. That was fast! (Thanks KL)

"Nothing has changed since this article was published, to our understanding. If you build a structure that is less than 120 square feet, it should meet the California code as an acceptable storage space/shed."

For many people this is an acceptable size. I am building a space that is about 400 sq ft so I need to switch technologies.

Looks like your connection to Domegaia was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.