Drexel F.M.-160 Toxicity

• Re: The best foam agent ?

I ordered the Drexel F.M.-160 foaming agent through Rural King back in August. Is it toxic because of the high concentration or the ingredients it is made of? I finally got to use my Little Dragon continuous foam maker yesterday with the Drexel concentrate, blocks had a little collapsing but not bad. The material that had hardened (overflow on forms) was solid but you could crush it in your fingers into a powder with little effort. Is this normal?

I also was wondering if you add calcium chloride to your mixing water to get a faster set time will it cause the foam to collapse? I know last year I read somewhere on the forum that the foam was collapsing due to the additives the city was putting into the drinking water. I think they said it was the fluoride causing it.

• I did a little research then called Drexel Chemical Company. I found out through the MSDS that the chemicals are proprietary and unlisted. However the Class listing is NH
    SECTION II – INGREDIENTS
    (Class = H (Hazardous), NH (Non-Hazardous))
    NAME
    CAS NO.
    % (by wt.)
    TLV
    CLASS
    Proprietary blend of
    N/A
    10 mg/m
    NH
    Aniomic/Non-ionic surfactants
    SECTION

I am waiting for a return call from one of their representatives. Will update when anything new is learned. I did read on the website that if you have hard water to use twice the amount of concentrate to your water.

• Found more info on the website. Emailed them to clarify toxicity.

Drexel F.M.-160 Print PDF
    General

Crop Specific

Documents

Safety

Registration

Mfg. Info

Registrant: Drexel Chemical Company
    Label Version: 6200SP-0615#
    Product Types: Other
    Surfactant
    Formulation Type: Water-Soluble Liquid
    Active Ingredient: 100 - Concentrated blend of foaming agents
    Physical State: Liquid (8.58 lb / ga)
    Label Signal Word: WARNING
    Federally Restricted: No
    CA Restricted: No
    CA NOI Required: No
    Posting Required: No
    Oral Notification Required:
    Avoid Grazing: No
    Mode of Action Code(s):
    Toxic to: None
    Rainfastness:
    Organic Certifications: None
    Approved for Use in the Following States/Provinces: AK; AL; AR; AZ; CO; CT; DE; FL; GA; HI; IA; ID; IL; IN; KS; KY; LA; MA; MD; ME; MI; MN; MO; MT; NC; ND; NE; NH; NJ; NM; NV; NY; OH; OK; OR; PA; PR; RI; SC; SD; TN; TX; VA; VT; WI; WV

• Received email from Drexel. Toxic in concentrated form. Non toxic when diluted to manufacturers recommendation, Still trying to get better answer.

Looks like your connection to Domegaia was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.