can you use this to insulate quonset hut?

• can you use the little dragon to make insulation for quonset hut? and if so do you have any additional info on doing so? I spoke with the airKrete company who insulates and they said their products is different than yours. your aircrete is not a foam type for insulating. They use MgO cement. Do you think I could use that type of cement with the little dragon to make a lighter aircrete??

• Hello, I have been experimenting with a Portland based foam airkrete mix super light to see if I can come up with a mix that will work like Airkrete. I spoke with the inventor of airkrete and yes they are using Magnesium OxyChloride as the base, mixing in calcium chloride (road salt)which acts as an accelerator, talc powder as a filler, magnesium hydroxide, and a proprietary chemical. They are able to generate it down to 2.5 lbs/cu ft. And it is stiff enough to hold it's shape. Mgo is 10 times the cost of Portland though. You can get it from Premier, the only Mgo mine in the US. He said the raw materials cost 18 cents per board foot (12x12x1). So $2.16/cu ft or $58.32/yard when placed in the wall. Installers charge 70 to 90 cents per board ft installed. That gets pricey. It is a great insulation and with his new patented foaming gun they have gotten up to an R6 per inch. They were at R3.9 per inch prior to the foam improvement. I read the patent on the gun and they are using a 2 stage process where they pass the foam through tightly packed glass beads. They then go through a size 20 mesh screen, have a little gap and go through a final 30 mesh size screen (30 holes per inch). This is a very fine mesh but it creates a very fine uniform bubble foam which is much stronger and has much better insulating properties. I have bought some of this mesh to experiment with. I am getting down to around a 10 lb/cu ft mix so far but the mix slumps and will not stay in a wall without a form to hold it. If I try lighter mixes it is collapsing on me as it dries and is worthless. A company called Allied Foam Tech has a mix that is very stiff and can fill an open wall without slumping out. I found out they are adding an epoxy to the mix and it is a pricey concrete mix. I am trying mixing some inexpensive glues to the foam water and getting some stronger bubbles. I have some Calcium Chloride on the way to try accelerating the cure. I will keep you posted how it works. Stephen

• I'm very interested in what you discover. I've also looked at AirKrete and Allied Foam Tech. I tried adding wood glue to the foaming agent and several other additives. Nothing worked any better then detergent. Please keep us posted on your progress. Thanks

Looks like your connection to Domegaia was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.