Finishing an aircrete floor

• Hello, I am wanting to pour an aircrete floor for the house, porches, garage, and driveway. How do you finish the surface of this pour? I am assuming it needs a hard finish coat of some kind. Does the aircrete pour need reinforcing? Does the surface coat need reinforcing with something? Thank you for your help. I have learned a tremendous amount from watching the videos and reading the discussions.
    Stephen

• Hi Stephen,
    AirCrete makes a great subfloor and it's good to put a finished floor on top. At least 1/2" hard sand and cement surface works great. And I recommend stamping and coloring for a fabulous finished look.

• Thanks Hajjar. Is it necessary to use fiber reinforcement in the floor pour? I have been told that fiber in the concrete is stronger than laying wire mesh in the concrete. I am wanting to prevent cracking.

• @stephenW

Hello,

I'm looking to build a subfloor for the backyard patio, would you be willing to share with me the specifics of your mixture to create the subfloor and the psi or load bearing capacity for it?

Looks like your connection to Domegaia was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.