Air compressor setup to suit the Little Dragon???

• I am waiting for the arrival of my little dragon and want to get the smallest and quietest air compressor that does the job, as we live off grid and power is always a consideration...otherwise I would just overcompensate.

I am looking for a compressor that suits the recommended minimum of "2.5cfm@90psi" but there are very few manufacturers here in Australia who state their specifications in this format/clearly/honestly
    I CAN find max pressures (psi). But the flow rates (cfm, lpm) are very rarely followed by @...psi.

I was further thrown off by the fact that the one supplier who does state the pressure at which the flow was tested, uses "CFM FAD" which apparently stands for 'Flow Actually Delivered' which is apparently 1/3 less than "CFM displacement". I would imagine that most manufacturers use the later format as it makes their product look 1/3 better. To many variables and not enough real information :confounded:

How do I know which compressor to get? Is there anyone out there who is already an expert on air compressors who can save me from becoming one? i.e. Is there a formula relating to cut in pressure and max pressure, tank volume, flow rate etc that will tell me it can produce 2.5cfm@90psi?

or am I over complicating things? maybe some examples (with specs i.e. Horse power, volume) of smaller compressors being used successfully would also help me get my bearings

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

• Two compressors that we have successfully used:

California Air Tools 2010a.

• $174 on AmazonPrime.
    • Very quiet indeed.
    • Powerful 1.0 HP (Rated / Running) 2.0 HP (Peak) Motor.
    • 2.20 CFM @ 90 PSI
    • Not feasible to power with a 2000w generator for those building off-grid

Porter-Cable C2002 150 PSI, 6 Gal. Oil-Free Pancake Compressor

• $99 at Home Depot
    • .8 HP motor
    • 2.6 SCFM@90psi

I edited this post because it was recommending the California Air Tools 1P1060S. However, that unit is only rated at 1.5 CFM @ 90PSI and we have not used it to make Aircrete (although we have it around the shop for misc little tasks).

• Little Dragon Tamer Forum Facilitator

Just came across this video and decided to put in a plug for California AirTools (they are not sponsoring this in any way). It was fairly boring until I got to the end, at which point I was quite impressed with the demonstrated differences between their compressors and the normal type.
    https://www.californiaairtools.com/how-to-videos/pump-motor-features-wear-parts/