Drexel F.M.-160 Toxicity

• Re: The best foam agent ?

I ordered the Drexel F.M.-160 foaming agent through Rural King back in August. Is it toxic because of the high concentration or the ingredients it is made of? I finally got to use my Little Dragon continuous foam maker yesterday with the Drexel concentrate, blocks had a little collapsing but not bad. The material that had hardened (overflow on forms) was solid but you could crush it in your fingers into a powder with little effort. Is this normal?

I also was wondering if you add calcium chloride to your mixing water to get a faster set time will it cause the foam to collapse? I know last year I read somewhere on the forum that the foam was collapsing due to the additives the city was putting into the drinking water. I think they said it was the fluoride causing it.

• I did a little research then called Drexel Chemical Company. I found out through the MSDS that the chemicals are proprietary and unlisted. However the Class listing is NH
    SECTION II – INGREDIENTS
    (Class = H (Hazardous), NH (Non-Hazardous))
    NAME
    CAS NO.
    % (by wt.)
    TLV
    CLASS
    Proprietary blend of
    N/A
    10 mg/m
    NH
    Aniomic/Non-ionic surfactants
    SECTION

I am waiting for a return call from one of their representatives. Will update when anything new is learned. I did read on the website that if you have hard water to use twice the amount of concentrate to your water.

• Found more info on the website. Emailed them to clarify toxicity.

Drexel F.M.-160 Print PDF
    General

Crop Specific

Documents

Safety

Registration

Mfg. Info

Registrant: Drexel Chemical Company
    Label Version: 6200SP-0615#
    Product Types: Other
    Surfactant
    Formulation Type: Water-Soluble Liquid
    Active Ingredient: 100 - Concentrated blend of foaming agents
    Physical State: Liquid (8.58 lb / ga)
    Label Signal Word: WARNING
    Federally Restricted: No
    CA Restricted: No
    CA NOI Required: No
    Posting Required: No
    Oral Notification Required:
    Avoid Grazing: No
    Mode of Action Code(s):
    Toxic to: None
    Rainfastness:
    Organic Certifications: None
    Approved for Use in the Following States/Provinces: AK; AL; AR; AZ; CO; CT; DE; FL; GA; HI; IA; ID; IL; IN; KS; KY; LA; MA; MD; ME; MI; MN; MO; MT; NC; ND; NE; NH; NJ; NM; NV; NY; OH; OK; OR; PA; PR; RI; SC; SD; TN; TX; VA; VT; WI; WV

• Received email from Drexel. Toxic in concentrated form. Non toxic when diluted to manufacturers recommendation, Still trying to get better answer.