Forum rules

• Major Contributor

Where can I find the forum rules?

• Little Dragon Tamer Forum Facilitator

As the present primary moderator of this noble forum, there are no rules that I can think of. If anyone does find some rule set somewhere, let me know.

I certainly do delete accounts that are used solely for advertising their own unrelated ponzie schemes via internet scam operations. If you are reading this then that almost certainly does not apply to you.

Here are a few guidelines to help keep this arena enjoyable and beneficial to all:

• Before making a new post, do a quick search to attempt to find an existing conversation that is related or covers the exact same material. If one exists, read it, make comments and ask further questions there to get your specific questions answered. If nothing exists on the topic or you feel that a new fresh conversation is in order then please create a new post.
    • When addressing a colleague on this forum, please do so with a little extra respect. Be honest, be frank, be clear, and be gentle when feasible.
    • Show gratitude for colleagues' posts, but not necessarily with written replies that everyone else must read - consider upvoting their post instead (note the little voting tool at the bottom right of every post) or send them a personal chat message as these are great ways to thank them for a good post without taking up public forum space.
    • Keep the posts informational, inquisitive, and useful. Minimize small talk, banter, attacking, or venting.
    • Do down vote or flag posts that seem grossly off-topic, or scamish (see the 3 dots stacked to the right of the voting tool)

I'd like to add here a note about compassion and empathy. While certainly not a hard rule, I think being empathetic and compassionate is especially important when conversing in this digital and impersonal forum environment. When replying to someone I feel it's important to be in touch with where that member is at on an emotional level. Our response may be accurate, correct, polite, and intended to help, but if we fail to connect with that person then what is gained? Discussing aircrete, tools, and technique may seem all about logic and information at first glance, but at the root many if not most people are learning about aircrete in an effort to get their most basic needs met for safety, shelter, stability, and community.

Merriam-Webster defines empathy as "the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner. Also : the capacity for this."