Little Dragon Foaming Basics

• Little Dragon Tamer Forum Facilitator

In this video a Little Dragon fills a five gallon bucket with 85grams/liter foam in 30 seconds.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhniDQgvLEg
    Foam Generator: Little Dragon set to 80 psi
    Compressor: California Air Tools 2010A set to 110 psi (max)
    Foaming agent: 2 cups of Suave brand Daily Clarifying Shampoo in 5 gallons of city water
    Foam weight: 1.623kg/5gallons or 85 grams/liter
    Foam generation rate: 10 gallons/minute (5 gallons in 30 seconds)

After sleeping on this test, I realized that I was unhappy with the fluctuations in foam density as the air-compressor cycled. I decided to set my air-compressor's regulator dial to something just a few psi above what the Little Dragon's regulator was. After filling several 5 gallon buckets with foam, I settled on 60psi (at rest) for the Little Dragon, and 70 psi (at rest) for the compressor. SO MUCH BETTER.

In this video a Little Dragon fills a five gallon bucket with foam in 30 seconds.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOsAfWJU5e4
    Foam Generator: Little Dragon set to 60 psi at rest (53 psi in action).
    Compressor: California Air Tools 2010A set to 70+ psi (60 psi in action).
    Foaming agent: 2 cups of Suave brand Daily Clarifying Shampoo in 5 gallons of city water
    Foam density: 1.8kg/5gallons or 95 grams/liter
    Foam output rate: 10 gallons/minute (5 gallons in 30 seconds)

My current theory is: What seems to cause unstable Little Dragon psi is mostly fluctuations in Little Dragon water pump speed caused by fluctuations in voltage to the Little Dragon which is most often caused by other appliances running simultaneously on the same circuit, or even worse on the same extension cord which is often the case with mixers and air-compressors all running off the same cord.

To be tested soon.

We are finding that it is important to give the Little Dragon a dedicated power supply, separate from any other appliances such as an injection-mixer, air-compressor, refrigerator, toaster, well-pump, etc. Power fluctuations from sharing circuits or power cords with other appliances can create pump flow fluctuation in the Little Dragon which in turn fluctuates the foam density significantly.