Foaming agent woes

• I am hunting high and low here in Cambodia for a good foaming agent I have watched nearly every video looking for brands that I might have seen or can find and came up with zero. I found a company that sells a 25litre of what they call concrete foaming agent here but its 300 usd a barrel. Its rebranded as there own range. I have however found this hand wash that looks good but the bubbles get bigger fairly quickly and then collapses. Can anyone see from the ingredients what's causing this or maybe I can add something to help. I am running out of ideas.
    Water, sodium laureth sulphate, sodium chloride, propylene glycol, dmdm hydantoin, fragrance citric acid. CL 14720

• Little Dragon Tamer Major Contributor

@joeboy Cambodia is a long way off. but let's look at your question. There may be someone on the forum who knows best what you may find there. I have been using seventh generation dish soap and have had decent results. however lately I have been looking at Rain x foaming car wash which states foaming concentrate on the jug. 300 usd is way way out of the affordable range I suspect. A key tip I found very helpful is to get the foam weight right. Then the question is do you know the weight you need to hit. When I first fired up the little dragon it took me some logic readjustment as for some reason I had a tendency to try and turn up the air pressure to get a heavier foam. I quickly learned that down on the pressure is the way to turn. It doesn't hurt to experiment with detergents to find the one. It also helps to be itinerant in working. Keep the surface moist as it sets and in my case due to dry climate we tarp over to keep the moisture from evaporating too quick.

Hope this helps in your efforts..

• @brian-spooner can't get seventh gen here or axion. I've had the locals I know asking relation in the capital and all over Cambodia. This hand wash is the best I've found the other dish wash only has around 7% of the lauryl or laureth in it was rubbish. The other brands don't even have it here.

@joeboy Brother Joe, If you cannot get those then you will have to find something that works and I am 100% certain that there are a few different choices even in Cambodia. You will have to try until things meet up to your needs.

• Little Dragon Tamer Forum Facilitator

For comparison here are the ingredients found in the Seventh Generation Dish Liquid: Water, sodium lauryl sulfate, glycerin, lauramine oxide, caprylyl/myristyl glucoside, magnesium chloride, citric acid, benzisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone.

Here are the ingredients found in Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo: Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Ammonium Chloride, PEG-5 Cocamide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Dimethicone Copolyol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ammonium Xylene-Sulfonate, D&C Orange No. 4 (CI 15510), D&C Red No. 33 (CI 17200)

@Joeboy What do you use for washing dishes?

• Major Contributor

@joeboy Have you tried looking for Sodium Sulfate? Aircrete Harry discusses it in his video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY-oHAYjQ1E and listed it as almost as good as Drexel FM 160, He bought it for $8/lb off Amazon. I bought it for $40 for 40lbs from Duda diesel.

@gemniii Have you tried out this Sodium Sulphate yet? I see that it's labeled Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate in the video.

• @zander just regular stuff called NET. No sign of anything good in it.

• @zander also anything by post the cambodian customs decide is valuable you get stung around 200 percent of what they think it's worth or your not getting it. Simple as that.

• Major Contributor

@zander Good catch at 4:24 in the video. Then Harry went on at 4:47 and talked about Sodium Sulfate.

• Major Contributor

@gemniii Just tested my "sodium sulfate" it is NOT a foaming agent. Sorry for misleading anyone.

What do you mean by this statement?

No sign of anything good in it.

When you wash dishes does NET make suds if you swish a fork in the water? Put some in a glass with some water and slosh it around a few times. Do you see bubbles?

• @zander yeah it makes foam for like 5 minutes that collapse. I have been putting all the different types of handwashes and shower gels and dish detergents in water bottles with a little water shaking them up and watching them and timing them. The hand-wash is the best so far the rest is sh*t. I did find putting a little bit of soap from my shaving stick in with the hand wash was awesome but I can't get shaving stick soap here the Cambodians don't do that luxury as they don't have much of a beard growth anyway.

• @zander the no sign of anything good is in the ingredients no lauryl or laureth or anything of that nature. I would imagine that the companies want the foam to go away so it washes down the sink. If the foam wouldn't break down it would be a pain in the ass trying to finish the washing up.

@joeboy Brother joe putting it into water bottles and shaking it up is not going to give you in any way an accurate measurement. I have to be frank! I have been watching your comments the last few days and I get the distinct impression your playing a silly childs game. So in order to politely put an end to this percieved nonsense Let me attempt to try once more to put you onto the right track. One: If you have the little dragon. Follow the recipe mix the ingrediants as instructed by the instructions. Two: Turn on the dragon and adjust the airflow until the required foam weight is reached. Then If you'd like let it sit and measure the amount of time it takes to dissipate. When you find the one that suits your desired need then mix it as required. If you do not have the dragon (Assumeing you do) then go get one if you do not have the recipe then go get the handbook. Its truly a small price to pay for the know how. Outside of that there is the workshop. Truthfully there is not much more that anyone can tell you. It works I work with it and am well happy. I also follow directions which is most likely the fastest and best way to get desired results. Good luck in your project whatever it be. Cheers Joe

@joeboy I think you are in the position of not wanting to invest in the foam making equipment until you feel confident that you have access to a viable foaming agent. That makes sense. Could you ship to me some 16oz samples of these products, especially the NET dishwashing soap so that I could test them out for you? I would attempt to make foam with these products and if that worked I could attempt to make aircrete with them.

• @brian-spooner silly child's game. I have my land and my generator on its way you have delusions of grandure it's seems. How about go fuck yourself.

• @zander cheers I will sort something out I have a few good mates here from the UK who are looking forward to this project. I can't be arsed with arse hole comments as above I will put some videos of my build on YouTube I won't be back on here. Cheers.

@joeboy You might have noticed, I was polite but firm in my reply. No delusions at all here. I have only pointed out what is. Unfortunately And I definately hope this forum will not devolve into such you resort to a very blatent insult. I think Zander has made a good offer you should send him some samples of the products you are trying. I feel that we have tried to do our best in every comment and reply to help you get it figured out. Outside of this I dont think there is much more anyone can do for you. Good luck on your endevors in Cambodia.