Marking foam vs Dawn

• Major Contributor

Another data point -
    I recently tried to buy a gallon of Drexel FM 160 at my local farm store but they did not carry it so I purchased a gallon of Enduron PSI made by Precision Laboratories, another marking foam, for making aircrete.
    Unfortunately life got in the way and I have not made any aircrete with it yet, but I am impressed with it's foam staying power.
    To test it against the Dawn I had been successfully using I put 20ml of each in 500ml of water (PH7, about 60° F) in a 2L bottle and shook vigorously for 30 seconds.
    After 30 minutes
    0_1539719984056_30minutes.jpg
    the Dawn bubbles were starting to diminish
    and at 3 hours there was significant difference.
    0_1539720079570_3hours.jpg.

• Little Dragon Tamer Forum Facilitator

I really like how your test containers are sealed off from the air. I think doing that more accurately simulates the environment of being encased in cement, sealed off from the air. Looks like a foaming agent with potential. The mfg recommends mixing at a rate of 5ml/500ml water (6.5oz/5gal water) for marking purposes. I also noticed this: WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including ethylene oxide, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.