Interlocking Aircrete blocks?

• Little Dragon Tamer

My thoughts on a PVC zip-tie type inner dome to support dome blocks. 1st the zip tie system is geodesic and would not support a "dome" block layout. I had the thought of building the zip tie then bending either EMT or suitably flexible PVC around at the height of the top of the blocks to hold in true circular pattern for that course of blocks. You could then move the "ring " of PVC up and adjust for the next layer or have several "rings" in place so as the lower courses set up enough the remove the lower "ring" and move to the top.

This would of course add cost and complexity to the final build but may be offset by easier construction, especially for those who do not have a crew of helpers on hand like me. Also my thought was that you would be able to dissemble it and reassemble for future domes.

I am building a pod type system over time , possibly 3 to 4 21' diam domes connected plus several structures for animals and storage. I will most likely go with the established way of doing it but I am visualizing the possibilities. It would be cool if you could have some sort of inflatable thing you could just lay block on and then just let the air out and be done. I suppose money could do anything but us low, fixed retard folks just have to do it the regular way. BUT I will never stop innovative dreaming. Cheers and blessings to all.

• My plan in the future is to build a geodesic frame dome out of EMT conduit (domarama.com) Once the frame is built, lay some type of very rigid mesh of some type or wire fence material on the outside of the frame. This material would have to be strong enough to support the aircrete blocks from sagging. Some of the spans on the frame are almost 3-4ft which it would have to not sag once the blocks are laid on top. Once the blocks are laid complete on the whole dome, then disassemble the frame on the inside which may be a little tricky but I think could be done with some good planning. Any thoughts?

• @ach2oman said in Interlocking Aircrete blocks?:

My plan in the future is to build a geodesic frame dome out of EMT conduit (domarama.com) Once the frame is built, lay some type of very rigid mesh of some type or wire fence material on the outside of the frame. This material would have to be strong enough to support the aircrete blocks from sagging. Some of the spans on the frame are almost 3-4ft which it would have to not sag once the blocks are laid on top. Once the blocks are laid complete on the whole dome, then disassemble the frame on the inside which may be a little tricky but I think could be done with some good planning. Any thoughts?

The link you shared didn't work for me. I like the ziptie domes because one kit can be used for multiple sized domes. The hubs are the same, its just the length of the pipe struts that changes. The website has a calculator that tells you the lengths of the struts for whatever diameter dome you wish to build. It would be super easy to take down from the inside after the aircrete dome is built.
    I like the input from the community. I didn't overlook the fact that geodesic is not a true sphere. This would be a whole new method of build.
    Unfortunately, my landlords just informed me that they are selling the property that I am renting, so that changes my plans considerably as now I need to move.

• www.domerama.com . sorry forgot the e..jeez. With using EMT you do not need to use hubs.

• I see that using wood has some advantages over metal, especially when it comes to the covering.
    What I like about the zip tie hub method is that one kit can be used for multiple sizes of domes.
    I'm not sure how much weight the structure will actually bear. With the Domegaia method, the dome supports itself as you mortar the blocks together. The 1 gallon bottles of water counterweight technique is just to hold the blocks in place while the mortar sets. I was thinking the pvc dome skeleton is just to do that job and wont necessarily bear a lot of weight, but its just a theory of mine. I'm not really sure, as I'm not aware of anyone having tried this yet.
    Aircrete Harry is using air bag forms and spraying the aircrete onto these. That's a very expensive method. Probably the fastest way to build a dome however.
    My thinking was in line with the OP of this thread. If large, say 1 meter sections of block were pre-made, a whole dome of pre-made blocks could be packed into a shipping container and delivered to wherever the piece of property is. Build the matching pvc skeleton, then glue the blocks together.
    The shipping container can be reused or sold or kept and used as storage.

• I think pvc would have to much sag I believe. It would not be rigid enough.

• @ach2oman ... you may be right about that. I'm not sure either. I was going to get a kit to make a greenhouse and get an idea if it be worth a try.

• @ach2oman Hello my dear,

With due respect and Humanity, I was compelled to write to you under a humanitarian ground.

My name is Mrs. Margaret Collins. I am married to Mr. John Collins directors J.C Industries Ghana. We were married for 26 years without a child. He died after a Cardiac Arrest. And Recently, My Doctor told me that I would not last for the next six months due to my cancer problem (cancer of the lever and stroke).

Before the death of my Husband we are happy as husband and wife and live our Christian family. Since his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against. When my late husband was alive, he deposited the sum of (USD$8.5Million ) Eight Million Five Hundred Thousand U.S Dollars with a security company here and decleared the contents as Family Valuable meant to ship to our family foreign business partner in abroad and the money still with the company here in Accra the capital city of Ghana.

I want somebody that will use this Fund according to the desire of my late husband. to help less Privileged people, Orphanages, widows and propagating the word of God.

I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this fund, And I don't want in away where this money will be used in an ungodly way.
    This is why I am taking this decision to hand you over this Fund. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I want you to always remember me in your daily prayers because of my up coming Cancer Surgery.

Thanks for now and may God bless you and your family.

Please get back to my email address ( mrs.margaretcollins@outlook.com) for more details

Best Regards,
    Mrs.Margaret Collins

• Anything that has the word Ghana and millions of dollars in it throws up a red flag for me. Go scam somewhere else.

• Thats funny! I got the same exact email years ago!