Aircrete safety

• No one is talking about this at all and i'm a little preplexed to see people just sticking their hands and feet into wet aircrete. Are they not getting cement burns? There is a reason why cement workers are covered from head to toe in the middle of summer. I'm wondering if the CO2 in the bubbles are not causing carbonation to happen quickly maybe raising the PH to something that isn't so caustic? Has anyone done a ph test? Also I have some failed bricks that are basically crushed concrete dust which is both extreamly dangerous to inhale, also is caustic and apparently is an environmental hazard which needs to be disposed of carefully at a place which handles that type of stuff. And along that line of thinking, even the good bricks that are so easily cut create dust which i assume comes with the same warnings as sawing regular concrete. ei. don't get it in eyes, don't breath it and wash it off skin soon after. And like concrete dust it kinda sticks to things and is hard to clean up. I'm doing this in my backyard and i'm worried about my soil as well as my health. How are people handling these safety issues? I'm not going to stop making aircrete, but I want to do it safely for all humans, animals, and plants around my working area.

• Workshop Instructor

@Traveler004 maybe try wet cutting to keep dust down. Masks and proper gear is important at all times. I haven't gotten any burns from just concrete, I get them from the Milk- concrete bonding agent.

• @Ignacio-DHOME Good idea. You have to contend with the particals thou. perhaps wetting it and then shopvac. I'm just thinking it might be better to hepa vacume it up as dust. Wetting it might make it harder. would have someone stand next to me and vacume as i saw. I don't know but it's a discussion no one seems to be having. I know it's not the fun part, but still important. I saw a photo of someone who knelt on his wet slab (trying to screek it) and didn't wash it off and ended up in the hospital for weeks with burns down to the bone. So it's not like it's nothing. I always were a mask but after its cut it falls to the ground where it can easily be kicked back up. I mean the particals don't disappear after i'm finished cutting. I have designated a "toxic" area on my property where we don't plant and animals aren't allowed so I have a place to clean tools and buckets etc, the making and cutting is done is habitable areas.